Everyone loves a good espresso, but did you know gourmet office coffee service is a big benefit to employees — and companies, too? While most offices offer hot coffee for employees to enjoy throughout the day, providing delicious espressos, cappuccinos, and lattes is the real perk workers want.
That’s especially true when it comes to younger employees. In fact, a recent survey showed 48% of Millennials said they’d had a cup of coffee they would consider to be gourmet just the day before. A good cup of coffee is a big part of most people’s daily routine. More companies than ever are learning improving their coffee areas can lead to unexpected benefits.
Here are 7 reasons your workplace should offer premium coffee options:
1. Espresso improves productivity by keeping employees energized. Coffee is a brain booster that helps employees stay focused and motivated by increasing brain activity. How? Caffeine actually helps block a chemical the brain creates called adenosine that makes us feel sleepy and tired. After drinking strong coffee, caffeine gets to work giving neurons what they need to work faster, helping employees feel awake and more alert.
2. Drinking espresso helps employees learn faster. Not only do employees feel better after a cup of great coffee, they also THINK better, because caffeine helps increase mental concentration. Studies show drinking just two cups of coffee improves the brain’s ability to identify info and also enhances long-term memory. The caffeine in a cappuccino or latte really does help the brain think smarter, not harder.
3. Gourmet coffee is a treat for hard workers. A cup of drip coffee is nice, but let’s be frank: premium coffee actually feels like a reward. Gourmet coffee makes employees feel appreciated and saves them money they would otherwise spend at expensive coffeeshops. Who wouldn’t look forward to delicious coffee everyday? Even non-regular coffee drinkers love a little pick-me-up from time to time.
4. Having high-quality coffee on demand reduces lost time at work. Keeping a premium quality coffee system in the break room also keeps employees from leaving to go on coffee runs. Honestly, who can’t use a little help during the mid-afternoon stretch? The break room should be more than just beverages and snacks. A great coffee area gives employees a place to take a quick break — so they can feel refreshed and get back to work.
5. The coffee machine is the perfect place for coworkers to socialize. Consider it the modern “water-cooler.” A great break room isn’t just a place to put your lunch… it gives workers a reason to get up from their desks and cubicles. Adding a gourmet office coffee set-up makes it easy to increase company morale just by giving employees a place to meet, hang out, catch up, and interact.
6. It’s a perk employees can see. There’s no doubt good perks improve positive energy in the workplace. But high-quality coffee on demand promotes a relaxed environment and is a great benefit for potential new employees to consider — or even a way to treat clients and other visitors.
7. Drinking coffee on the daily is great for your health. Believe it or not, coffee has been shown to reduce stress and can help us live longer. It contains several anti-oxidants, plus nutrients that reduce the risk of diabetes, stroke, and even some types of cancer. Drinking at least a cup a day also improves mood and has been shown to help with depression.
It would be difficult to get your company set up with its own premium coffee machine, right? Nope — get started today with Espresso Magic for no upfront cost and cancel at any time. It’s simple: you only pay for the cups you drink. And it’s 100% free to get started.
Our Super Automatic Espresso Machine uses whole beans and real milk. Enjoy your coffee just the way you like it. One touch technology makes it easy to brew coffeehouse quality drinks with the simple push of a button.
Get started with your FREE trial now or contact us for more info.